Your dog and cat’s gut health is so important. Dr Sue just traveled to the Hill’s Global Symposium in Toronto, Canada for a 2-day conference on the microbiome and she is going to tell you why you should care about your pet’s microbiome. (And what that is).
And it matters for us people too!
These are her take-home messages:
1. All probiotics are not created equal
2. All prebiotics are not created equal
3. Some dogs and cats will need both
In this vlog she covers the all things microbiome including prebiotics, probiotics, postbiotics, and fiber.
Did you know our microbiome is shaped by whether we were born by C-section vs vaginal birth, breastfed vs bottle-fed, antibiotics we have been on, and our environment?
Did you know our pets and we carry a unique microbiome and will have a similar one with our pets that we live with?
How do we modulate so there are good bacteria and not bad bacteria?
Our digestive health affects more than just our gut but all our well being, our mood, and there are connections with the health of the kidneys and brain too. That is what as a cancer specialist Dr Sue cares, and she thinks you should too.
RECOMMENDED VLOGS & BLOG
• Dr Sue’s Top 5 Medications to Prevent Chemo Side Effects: VLOG 38 https://youtu.be/I211tveubII
• Dr Sue’s Favorite Cancer Supplements for Dogs and Cats: VLOG 39 https://youtu.be/lF7EEl6_rr0
• And check out this blog by her colleague Dr Chris Byers, DACVECC, DACVIM (SAIM): https://criticalcaredvm.com/gut-microbiome-pet/
⭐️Here are some helpful links ⭐️
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/drsuecancervet/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DrSueCancerVet/
• Website: https://drsuecancervet.com/